An outgrowth of Dramatic Diversity, DD+D’s process offers theatre-based workshops customized for each stage of the design process and tuned to the specific needs of customer experience professionals, service, and product design teams.
Our goal is to help stakeholders create memorable customer experiences.
The DD+D team has facilitated theatre-based customer experience/touchpoint, service, and product design workshops for: McDonald’s (US & Global), Walgreens, Sears, Critical Mass, RTC, IIT’s Institute of Design, DePaul University, Columbia College and for Northwestern University’s Design for America Fellows, World Design Capital, Helsinki Finland.
Byron is a local leader and presenter for Chicago’s Interaction Design Association (IxDA). Byron was service design consultant on the development and launch of a new diabetes class for the University of Chicago and coordinator of the Chicago Service Jam ’11. He is a co-founding member of the Service Design Network Chicago
Past speaking engagemenets:
- World Design Capital Helsinki 2012, “Theatre + Design.“ Cable Factory, Helsinki, Finland. June 2012
- IxDA Chicago, “Personas and Prototyping.” SymphonyIRI Group, Chicago, IL. April, 2012
- Design Research Conference, “Design Improv Workshop.” IIT/Institute of Design, Chicago, IL. Oct. 2011
- Service Design Network’s Global Conference, “McDonald’s + Service Experience + Jam.” Palace Hotel, San Francisco, CA. Oct. 2011
- UXMasterclass Conference, “Using Theatre Techniques to Write Effective Personas.” Field Museum Chicago, IL. Sept. 2011
- DePaul University Continuing and Professional Education, with Millennia Consulting, “Bodystorming: Improv + Inclusion + Innovation.” DePaul University, June, 2011