DD+D Team Members, led by Byron Stewart, bringing expertise in: customer experience, customer touchpoints, cultural branding, product and service design, and business. Theatre, improv, storytelling, facilitating, directing, acting and presenting.
Byron Stewart Owner/Theatre-based Consultant, DD+D
is an actor, director, consultant, facilitator, and presenter, and is owner of Dramatic Diversity/DD+D. For the past eleven years, Dramatic Diversity has provided theatre-based corporate training and diversity & inclusion consultation to clients including BP/Amoco, Hewitt & Associates, Motorola, Northern Trust Bank, Brookfield Zoo,Ohio State University, and PepsiCo.
Byron has facilitated theatre+design workshops for McDonald’s (US & Global), Critical Mass, RTC, IIT’s Institute of Design, DePaul University, Columbia College and for Northwestern University’s Design for America Fellows. Byron has facilitated bodystorming sessions for Sears and Walgreens, and is a local leader and presenter for Chicago’s Interaction Design Association (IxDA). Byron was service design consultant on the development and launch of a new diabetes class for University of Chicago and coordinator of the Chicago Service Jam ’11. He is a co-founder of the Service Design Network Chicago. Articles on Byron’s workshops have been featured in the UXmatters and Experience Matters online magazines. His article, “Call Me a Cab, But First”, was published in the Service Design Network’s Touchpoint Journal.
As a professional actor for over twenty years, he has received a Jeff Citation, Black Theatre Alliance Award, and an After Dark Award. He served as Artistic Director of A Real Read, Chicago’s African American LGBT performance ensemble for five years. He has co-starred in feature films and has done casting for the award winning made-for-television series, Kevin’s Room I-III; produced by Chicago Department of Public Health and Black Cat Productions. Byron received his BFA degree from Howard University in Washington D.C.
Byron’s speaking engagements:
- American Marketing Association Chicago ” Marketing the Customer Experience: Balancing Technology and the Human Touch” April, 2013
- Compete Through Service Symposium, “Showing Customers (and Employees) We Care at McDonald’s.” Ritz Carlton Hotel, Phoenix Arizona November 7-9, 2012
- World Design Capital Helsinki 2012, “Theatre + Design.“ Cable Factory, Helsinki, Finland. June 2012
- IxDA Chicago, “Personas and Prototyping.” SymphonyIRI Group, Chicago, IL. April, 2012
- Design Research Conference, “Design Improv Workshop.” IIT/Institute of Design, Chicago, IL. Oct. 2011
- Service Design Network’s Global Conference, “McDonald’s + Service Experience + Jam.” Palace Hotel, San Francisco, CA. Oct. 2011
- UXMasterclass Conference, “Using Theatre Techniques to Write Effective Personas.” Field Museum Chicago, IL. Sept. 2011
- DePaul University Continuing and Professional Education, with Millennia Consulting, “Bodystorming: Improv + Inclusion + Innovation.” DePaul University, June, 2011